As part of our ongoing efforts to provide you with a safe and comfortable ride, an estimated $6.5 million in improvements and repairs are planned for 29 rail stations this year under the 2023 Refresh & Renew (R&R) program.
This program is a key initiative outlined in the “Meeting the Moment” Action Plan, to improve the customer experience at our stations, ensuring our customers a safe and clean ride.
From spring through fall, our R&R crews will be making repairs at various rail stations around the city to provide you with a safe and welcoming transit travel experience.
The scope of work being performed will vary by location, but can include:
- Deep clean power washing of all surfaces (all locations)
- Painting (all locations)
- Lighting upgrades
- Improved platform amenities
- Renewal of finishes and fixtures
- Utility and plumbing line repairs
- Removal of outdated fixtures and equipment
- Permanent repair work
- Updating of old/damaged signage
- And more!
R&R crews are performing station improvement work beginning this spring and will be continuing their efforts through December 2023. The following are the stations that will receive extensive improvements this year:
- Red Line: Sox-35th, Howard, Sheridan, Addison, Clark/Division
- Blue Line: Jefferson Park, Irving Park, Belmont, Logan Square, Division, Monroe
- Green Line: Laramie, Cicero, Indiana, 35th-Bronzeville-IIT
- Brown Line: Armitage, Chicago, Francisco, Montrose, Irving Park, Addison
- Pink Line: 54th/Cermak, Pulaski
- Orange Line: 35th/Archer, Halsted
- Purple Line: Linden, Main ST.
- Loop Elevated: Washington/Wells, Merchandise Mart
The following are before/after photos of some of the stations that have been refreshed and renewed: